Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fire King Swirl Dishes

 Saturday the Sis and I hit a few estate sales. We found some good things. Most of it was for our booth we rent at our local antique store. I thought I did quite good as the only thing I kept was these dishes. It is so hard! We find such great stuff, I want to keep it all!

Made by the Anchor Hocking Co. in the 1950s, under their brand name "Fire King". It was a type of glassware that was oven proof. Made from the early 1940s throught the 60s, "Fire King" came in quite a few colors and patterns, including the ever popular "Fire King" green. These dishes are the "Swirl" pattern, sometimes called "Shell".

  I had fallen in love with this pattern before and picked up one dinner plate. I now have five dinner plates, two soup bowls....

...A serving bowl and three fruit bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment