Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vintage Flowered Canisters

These canisters are the first thing I bought for my new house!  The plan is to decorate the kitchen in blue with touches of red. The minute I saw these canisters I knew they would be perfect! Don't you think canisters are a great way to add a vintage touch?
I love the flower decal! 1930s-40s?? The canisters are in great condition except for a small spot on the back of the largest canister where the paint is all crackly. They also were a great price! Who can pass up on that!
Because they are tin, I don't feel comfortable about putting flour or sugar in them (the original idea) so I have now decided they will be cookie cutter containers! I also have some tart tins and biscuit cutters that will go in them. Depending on how much room we have left, possibly one will be for raisins and nuts.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment