Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Apple, Two Apple

I don't know about you, but I am ready for Fall!! Apples, pumpkins, acorns, Indian corn, colorful leaves, crispy mornings; Yes, summer has been long enough for me. If you look hard enough in our neighborhood, you will see signs that it is coming!
Last weekend my sister and I went to visit our Grandma. Driving six hours straight north certainly makes a difference in weather! You can see quite a few more signs fall is on it's way. One of them, apples are ready to pick!
 Do you see all those apples ready for picking?
 I don't know about you, but I think apple trees are so pretty. This one has been around a long time and it shows. Poor thing! It is a bit lopsided.
I love the thick glossy leaves and the contrast of ripening apples.
Of course, apples mean Pie!! We couldn't resist whipping one up!
 More Cinnamon?
Yum!
We always forget to take a picture of the finished product, in too big of a hurry to sample it, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment